Wednesday 14 January 2015

Project Life - The Beginning

This year I have a new craft project. Project Life is designed to be a quick scrapbooking method, to tell the story of everyday life and capture all those memories which would otherwise be forgotten. I was given a kit for Christmas (thanks Mum!) and the aim is to create a page every week for the whole of 2015. It's a significant year for my family - leaving aside the big 4-0 (which I'm still trying to ignore), both my parents are celebrating their 70th birthdays this year. Hopefully there will be plenty to enjoy as the year progresses - I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Today was the first day of Project Life. Armed with the photos I got printed from my phone this morning and my new kit, I sat down to create my pages for the first two weeks of the year.


I was very impressed by how quickly the pages came together - obviously it helps having a themed kit, and I'm not using too many embellishments other than a few buttons and some letters / washi tape / wooden birds from my craft stash - but I am really happy with the results.

Hopefully this is something that I can actually stick to. I am already realising that it would be amazing to have a whole year of photos and little memories to look back on, and then to start all over again next year too.







No comments:

Post a Comment