Friday, 4 May 2012

A Battle of Wills

Ah, the terrible twos.... At two years and two months old, the Little Princess already has a big personality. 90% of the time she is adorable - smiley, cute, funny and always ready for a 'cuggle'. The other 10% of the time, however...

We are in the middle of a real 'Mummy' phase at the moment and The Husband can't get anything right. It's not that he doesn't try - he is a fantastic Dad and when the Little Princess is the right mood, she adores him. But, these days, even the offer of a bedtime story with Daddy is enough to provoke a screaming fit and demands that 'Mummy do my story'. And as for him cutting her fingernails... I came home from work a few weeks ago to find her sobbing inconsolably that 'Daddy hurt her nails'.

It isn't just Daddy that feels the full force of the Little Princess' demands though. This week alone we have had tantrums over the fact that I poured her milk without letting her help, Jedi Boy forgetting to give her a cuddle as he rushed into school with his friends, me not letting her wear a pair of shoes that are two sizes too small, her favourite 'Lola' vest being in the wash and, most extreme of all, a full-on, 'lie down on the floor' tantrum in Waitrose because I wouldn't add a second packet of Babybels to the shopping basket.

On the plus side, we have had a lot of fun too... and her smile never fails to warm my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment